Friday, May 29, 2009

WooHoo! We're blogging!

We've been talking about starting a blog forever, but never seemed to find the time. We finally decided NOW is the time! Now I actually have to write something.....


For my first blog, let me introduce myself, I'm Colette. Take a look at our picture on our website. I'm the fourth one from the left, sitting on the bench with the long brown hair. Sitting to the left are my partners, Barbara and Kathy. The rest of the gals are our wonderful QP staff.


I spend many hours working at the shop, but many, many more working at home in my studio.


Doing a little sewing....





A little computer work....





A little handwork....




Since I spend so much time here, I try to not only make my space user friendly but to surround myself with my favorite things.


A little lace is the perfect finish to my valance....




A little lavender sachet hangs from my cabinet knobs from Anthropologie, one of my favorite places to shop....



A little quilt and too cute lamp shade from IKEA, another favorite shopping place....



Among other things, I am the designer for our QP Original patterns. I am busy working on a couple new projects that will make their debut at International Quilt Festival in Long Beach this summer. The first quilt top has just been completed and is ready to go to the quilter.


Here's just a little sneak peek....


and a little more....



The embroidery is done with the new Cosmo embroidery floss. If you like to embroider, you'll definitely want to check it out. We are expecting it to arrive in the shop soon.



Better get back to work. Hey, blogging is work, right? Check back soon for more sneak peeks and behind the scenes chatter.



Colette♥

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a great start, we wish you luck in your newest endeavor.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Colette - the site looks great - keep up the good work!!

    Liana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way cool!!!! Thanks for "blogging" QP.
    This will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Blogland! I've been blogging for a couple years and it's a lot of fun! I live in Sacramento and it's been a couple years since I've stopped by your store although I've ordered on line. I'm thinking, though, that maybe it's time for a little road trip! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! Keep sharing!

    You know my family lives in southern CA...I must stop by on my way down next time (with a wad of cash)! 0:)

    ReplyDelete