Saturday, June 20, 2009

One Day at a Time

As the Long Beach quilt show gets closer, new quilts are nearing completion. It's an exciting but very busy time for all of our QP staff. Yesterday, I spent the day working on a sweet new baby quilt.



I started out with these cute prints...




then added these fun trims...



did a little wavy quilting....



and finished with a cool striped binding.




The finished quilt is soooo cute! Can't wait to show it off. Of course, we'll have kits for this cutie and we'll be doing a girl version too.



After a long day of sewing, I decided I needed a break. So the boys and I headed out to the garden. Meet the boys....


Pepe is a 14 year old, slightly grouchy cocker spaniel who adores me and mostly tolerates everything and everyone else. Especially Oliver, a lively one year old terrior mix.





This handsome fellow is Oliver's most favorite canine pal, Harley, a very large Golden Retriever. I think Oliver dreams of growing into a big boy someday, he already thinks he's way bigger than he is. Harley came over for a play day. His two favorite things are playing ball and....

playing ball in the pool. He loves the water.



Ollie loves playing ball with Harley and gets very excited when he gets to the ball first.




While we were outside enjoying a delightful afternoon, I snapped a few pics of my neglected, slightly overgrown garden.









I love to garden, if there were only a few more hours in the day....


Oh well, an afternoon outside with my happy pups will have to do because tomorrow it's back to work in the studio. Check back soon for more QP chatter.



Colette ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment